Welcome to Patch 1.6
Update 1.6 will be released in two parts. The first part is the server side changes, which will go live with a server update today, Thursday, October 8th. The second part is the client side changes, which will (most likely) go live next week, pending the results of testing. Update 1.6 will come with a ton of visual map improvements, resource spawning changes and various bug fixes and back-end improvements.
Server side changes and updates:
Resources on the map will now have new spawning behavior, they should now spawn more evenly around the map and should mean there is almost never an empty territory. As always the old resources that are on the map will follow the old behavior, so once those are ‘finished’, they’ll disappear and the new ones will start to populate the map.
Survivor rate when defending bases and gathering spots in your own territory is increased to 95%, with the remaining 5% going to the hospital. This means your homebase can act as more of a safe zone, if you need to retreat from battle. Survivor rate in Outpost defense has no changes.
All current maps will have the T3 mines removed, but will have an increased amount of T2 mines. This will end up with an increased amount of resources available overall, without the huge advantage that 1-3 players get from sitting on the T3 resources.
Also, T2 resources have been slightly improved on all maps.
Client side changes and updates:
New and updated map visuals. There are now new rocks, cliffs, grass bushes and trees as well as some other decorations. We also changed the farm, supply and fuel depots back to the visuals they had in a previous update, based on player feedback.
The player bases on the map will now also have various different visuals, depending on the level of the HQ. There are currently 6 different bases, varying from levels 1 to 20. In the screenshot below you can see a level 1 vs a level 20 base.
We also made a change to the Map IDs, so it’s easier to track what map you’re on.
- Fixed a issue where your “guild chat” could disappear under certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue where the T4 Cargo had the incorrect visual on map